The Board of Trustees of the Benchmark Retirement Fund has appointed Mrs. Malverene Theron as new Trustee of the Fund effective 1 January 2020. She takes the place of Mr. Martin Moeller whose term ended on 31 December 2019.
Above: New Benchmark Retirement Fund Trustee, Malverene Theron, offers a wealth of experience to the Fund.
Martin Moeller's career in banking stretches back to 1967. He was a specialist consultant to the CIH Group. During his time at Commercial Bank of Namibia/Nedbank Namibia he was a trustee of their pension fund. In his various positions during his banking career he honed his skills in governance, compliance and risk mitigation. His fields of expertise include treasury operations, international and cross-border trade, risk awareness guidance and advisory services for non-resident investments in Namibia.
Above: Outgoing Benchmark Retirement Fund Trustee, Martin Moeller, receives a gift from the trustees of the Fund.
Mrs. Theron obtained an LLB Law degree from the University of Cape Town, is an admitted legal practitioner of the High Court of Namibia and is a member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS). She is currently employed as Procurement Manager at De Beers Marine Namibia.
Mrs. Theron has been involved in a number of professional assignments, including:
- 2016 Conference Speaker at the Annual Procurement Conference in Windhoek
- 2015 Professional Management Excellence (PME) Program through Wits Business School
- 2014 Board Member of NACC (Namibian Competition Commission) - 2 terms (6 years)
- 2011 Board Member of NAMFISA (Namibian Financial Institutions Supervisory Authority) - 2 terms (6 years)
- 2010 Public Presentation on BEE for the Economic Society of Namibia
- 2009 Secretary to Toast Masters International, Swakopmund Branch
- 2007 Project Leader and Manager for drafting the Empowerment Strategy for the Republic of Namibia - (TESEF)
- 2006 Organizing and hosting BEE workshop in conjunction with the Office of the Prime Minister and the Department of Trade and Industry - South Africa
- 2005 Launch of the NPPC (Namibian Preferential Procurement Council) - Chairperson and presenter at the first Black Economic Empowerment Conference, Windhoek
Mrs. Theron offers a wealth of experience and expertise and is keen to further improve the functionality and offering of the Benchmark Retirement Fund for the benefit of all its stakeholders.
The Board congratulates Malverene on her appointment and looks forward to working closely with her in protecting and promoting the interests of the Fund and its members in the years to come!